Monday, August 10, 2009

LalBagh Flower Show!


Blogging months after I actually started one.... :)

Going to a flower show after a long time back.. always has child-like and nostalgic moments to date back to..

The Horticulture show @ Lalbagh is one I had wanted to watch since the day I came to Bangalore... (I missed one organised on occasion of Republic day... jus then had arrived in Bang...)

So had decided firm that this time I am not going to miss it by any means.. and did my way to the botanical garden on this Saturday... with a pal of course... :D

As expected there was a busy queue waiting for their turn to buy the tickets and enter the garden..
And I too was in the same state of mind... jus to get out of this beeline and make my way to the floral heaven....

The last time I had been to Lalbagh was somewhere around in 2003... so was getting nostalgic as I strolled the park...

The last time I was in Lalbagh.. as I still do remember.. was pretty busy in clicking fotos and having myself clicked too... (not sure whether I turned out to be photogenic or not.... u know some questions are never to be asked....this one too :D)

It was pleasant noon.. and the sun was playing hide n seek with me.. as it had clouds for company...

On seeing people in swarms I felt glad that these days we do have time and mind to appreciate nature and its beauty... [ not everything changes when life's fastidious.. ;) ]

Enjoying the cool breeze we finally entered the glass house, the hostess of the flower show...

It was art personified... A mermaid playing with dolphins.. all of various hues of roses....

Cuddly bubbly teddies.. in red n pink blossoms...

A rugged dinosaur and its kid... rosed i wud call it in bright hues of yellow and orange flowers.. (the dino looked as if it was in a German carnival... eye-catching for sure.. )

And there was a jumboline of wat els.. but JUMBOS.. but mini-ones... :)
They were mad e of an assortment of flowers one behind the other.. holding each other by trunks n tails..

Light-weight Sukhoi aricrafts.. ready to take charge n tear the sky lines.. GUESS WHERE AM I NOW?... i didnt go to any aero show after this.. it was all made of folded banana leaves..

The variety of flowers that I witnessed jus made me feel n say.. jus 3 words.. GOD IS GR8!!!
Who els has this finesse and depth of artistry but for him... I felt humbled before his beautiful flowers... (ok guys.. this is getting way too senti... stop it Revathy.. i can hear it... :D)

So closing this post for now.. gone very descriptive already I feel... so tell me wat u feel about nature and beauty thru ur comments....

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Revathy... same feelings I had when I went to the show after a long time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely Written.I had to refer a dictionary lot of times to read this

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanku deepa.. u were the inspiration behind me writing a blog after such a long time.. so kudos to u!! :)

    ReplyDelete