Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Save Energy!!

Pls by any chance don ever decide that I am going to give some gyan on Power Conservation...

This is a funny interpretation of a poster put up near my workplace... titled SAVE ENERGY!

To start with the blog, i need to tell you the importance the poster (hero of this post :D) holds in my work life...

Its a bright orange poster, to describe it.. that can be easily pointed out from atleast 80-100 metres away...

When I joined this team as a new member and when people used to ask me where is ur desk... I tell them...
"Can you see that orange poster over the column there...? Yeah below that is where I am seated... " (WOW... wat a landmark I give people..)

And in those early days when used to get lost while moving out of my place and getting back to it again.. I quite a few times was about to move into the rows of cubicles ahead of mine...

And there came the Rescue Ranger... My Orange Power Rangers (straight from Jetix?.. :D)..... to tell me " U stupid... u need to come till where I am..." (so this makes the poster my travel guide inside the offi... he he )

This blog was inspired from a chat between me, Deepa and Senthil (good buddies in the offi..)

I saw the poster and read aloud "SAVE ENERGY"...

Deepa was quick to say... "TATS WHY I DON WORK, I AM SAVING MY ENERGY"

Followed by lolsssss..... :D

The next line in the poster reads out as :
Elcaro spends thousands every year on equipments left on when not in use. SWITCH OFF.

I said "Oh yeah! Do they claim they are paying us even when we are not using much of brains. Ok people.. lets switch off then.... "

Instead of switching off.. we resorted to silent mode.. (not tat our manager past us aside..)

We seriously went into discussion... about saving energy..

1. Why do they ask us to come to offi everyday? They can let us stay home and work so that they need have to spend money on power in the offi or other expenses. (I CAN GETUP WHENEVER I WANT IN THE DAY, WORK WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE AT HOME.. SOUNDS GR88!!! )

2. How about lappies for everybody so tat no UPS or standby power required to keep PCs running? ( OOOOH... SOPHISTICATED LOOKS... )

3. We already have a complete glass wall to one side of the whole floor. So we can put that light to use by using lesser lights in the day inside? [NOBODY WILL NOW KNOW WHEN I M ABT DOZE OFF IN LESS LIGHTS.. YIPPIEE... :) ]


All this to our credit.... but u see still the mgmt never takes measures like the ones above to curb power wastage... but keeps telling SAVE ENERGY...

May be they already had a BoD meeting to decide on " We are not going to let them have what they want"

Disclaimer: Above mentioned thoughts are purely fictitious. Not to scale thoughts. Not in relation to any living person, mgmt or any paying company.. :D

SAVE ENERGY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment